Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Clean and Simple Snowman! (DD#29 and BlackTie #10)


Here's a clean and simple card I made for the Dynamic Duos color challenge #29 and the Black Tie Friday challenge #10.  The color challenge was for black and marina mist and the Black Tie challenge was to use a cut out.  I saw the idea for a snowman cutout on pinterest and since the "dessert" challenge option on Dynamic Duos was for a snowman, I thought I would give it a shot.  I was just sort of "wingin' it" with my circle punches.  Then I used my square punch for the hat and just some free-hand snipping with my paper snips for the brim of the hat.  I am really happy with how the card turned out, although it does look a bit like Mr. Frosty is leaning to the side!  Or maybe I should say "Mrs. Frosty" since after all, she does have those fabulous marina mist flowers with rhinestones instead of buttons!  And what frosty lady doesn't need a little bling??  I used my white gel pen to just doodle around the edges.   Thanks for checking in today!



6 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Love the idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Black Tie Friday's and helping reach our goal this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute card! Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow man with a touch of blue is so sweet, thanks for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute!!! Love the snowman. Thanks for playing, spread the word. The next challenge is going to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute & innovative idea! Glad to have you join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...