Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Cheer



Today's card is one that I will be sharing with a group of 50 seniors (I'm told they range in age from 60-94!) in my neighborhood!  Our neighborhood association sponsors a monthly luncheon for our senior residents.  As a special treat for them, a couple of my friends (fellow demonstrators) and I have volunteered to help them make a Christmas card.  I am so grateful to my friends for donating their time and supplies to help me with this event.  This is the design we decided on for the card.  Very simple and cheerful!  We have prepped everything, even stamped the sentiment and tied the bow, so all the seniors will have to do is adhere everything.  Tried to keep it simple!  Hopefully they will enjoy being a little crafty!  I cased the basic layout for this card from a card I saw from Amanda Mertz .  I used Stampin' Up's retired confetti white card stock.  Love that stuff, it's so strong--great for a card base.  I am also going to submit this card for a the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge #144--Snowflakes and the SUO Challenge #58 – A Clean and Simple Holiday Card .  Have a fabulous day!  Thanks for stopping by!






9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so neat that you are doing that for those residents. I love the card. Simple yet beautiful.They will be so excited to make it. Greta job with the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Great layout and color combo!!! The snowflake is Perfect for your layout!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to do for the seniors! (And very smart to do the stamping for them, since so many have shaky hands.) Love this card, and thank you for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card to make with the senior home! They will love it! I love the layers, your choice of color and that sweet bow! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, and even sweeter intent behind it. I know it'll be a huge hit! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your event is enjoyed by all. I love your card and how cheerful it is with it's bright and clean colors. The jumbo snowflake is so eye catching and fun. I am so glad you played along with our challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card, and I'm sure your group loved it! I've been telling myself I don't need that die...maybe I do :) Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are making this card with seniors - how wonderful! A very sweet card. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shout out for my card! I love the extra strip of DSP that you added on top of the banner and your sentiment banner! Great card and a fun event for you to host for your senior neighbors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...